Being a vegetarian prior to our Keto life, I love discovering and making LCHF vegetarian recipes! This has become our favourite “quick meal” that is so delicious and nourishing.
Keto Vegetarian Omelet
- 2 or 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 mushrooms
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of baby spinach lettuce
- 1/2 avocado
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whip together eggs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt coconut oil in a frying pan and add sliced zucchini.
- When the zucchini is gently sautéed, add cherry tomatoes. Sauté for about a minute.
- Add mushroom and stir.
- Pour in the egg and make sure the veggies and egg are evenly distributed.
- Fry on low heat and add baby spinach.
- When the egg around the sides becomes firm, flip one side over to the other. The omelet will be in half with the spinach in the middle.
- Add grated cheese on top, cover with lid until melted.
- Serve with an avocado.